🐶 This is my go-to cake for special occasions for Nacho. Birthdays, gotcha days, and holidays when everyone else gets something special. I usually also include a scoop of Complete and Balanced from Hilary’s Blend. As far as I know, it is only available online through their shop or from your vet.
Baking a cake for your pup is like throwing a paw-ty in the kitchen! Get ready for some serious tail-wagging fun as you whip up a delicious treat just for them. And guess what? Your furry friend can totally get in on the action too! Let them be your honorary taste-tester and the official “lick the spoon” expert.
It’s a bonding experience filled with laughter, doggie kisses, and the anticipation of a scrumptious cake that’ll have their tails spinning with joy! So, grab your chef’s hat and let’s bake up some doggy delight together!
Pawsitively Yummy Cake
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup
- peanut butter, plus more for topping (make sure it’s just peanuts)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 egg
- 1 bell pepper (optional for decoration)
- Sift the flour and baking soda together, add oatmeal.
- Add the peanut butter, applesauce, shredded carrot and egg.
- Mix until combined, pour into parchment paper lined 9″ dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool, frost with peanut butter, arrange chopped bell pepper in a heart shape on top.
Also take a peek at our Barktastic Chicken Tenders for a fun dinner!