Soft Cinnamon Cutout Cookies
These soft cinnamon cookies are a hit year-round! Use your favourite cookie cutter to cut out fun shapes in them once baked.
- 2¼ cup flour
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cloves
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- With the paddle attachment (or your wooden spoon) cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg, molasses, and water. Mix until combined.
- With mixer running on low, slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Roll into dough balls one tablespoon at a time.
- Toss dough balls in sugar, place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- While still hot from oven, use cookie cutter to cut out shapes and transfer to cooling rack.